DR. STEVEN W. LONG serves as an assistant professor of leadership and financial freedom, via distance learning, in two universities in Taiwan. He and his wife, Victoria, live in California, and are the Co-Founding International Directors of Global Champions, an education NPO in Taiwan and several other countries, teaching millions of young people life skills, emotions management, problem solving, and character development in hundreds of schools and businesses. Plans are being developed for it to be introduced soon in the United States.
In just over 20 years Global Champions has grown from 5 volunteers and one school with 200 students to about 50 paid staff, 6,000 volunteers, and 180,000 per semester currently enrolled elementary, middle, high school and university students across every region of Taiwan. Approximately 2.5 million students have been through the various Champions programs. For more information on this program, visit: www.globalchampions.org.
Happily married since 1977, Steve and Vicky Long have partnered together in various venues such as: team teachers; co-Directors of New Life Drug Rehabilitation Center; co-Directors of Food for the Hungry - providing food for 1400 refugee families per week in Long Beach, California; and currently working as club advisors with international students and visiting scholars at Stanford University.
Probably due to a stressful work schedule, Dr. Long recently experienced a cardiac arrest that led to a near-death experience. Fortunately, this negative turned out to be positive, because it provided him with great insights into the spiritual realms that are beyond this physical world. Since that pivotal point in his life, Dr. Long has researched around 1,500 sources of NDEs and out-of-body experiences, and has become an experiential and well-death expert in this intriguing and important field of study. Many of his findings are included in the book offered on this website. His hope is that those visiting this website, and reading his book, will be convinced of the true path that leads to eternal life.
EDUCATION / DR. STEVEN W. LONG
BS in Counseling Psychology, MA in Intercultural Studies, Ed. D. in Organizational Leadership. Professor of Organizational Leadership (in youth education for over 40 years).
EDUCATION / VICTORIA L. LONG
BS in Education, MA in Intercultural Studies (in youth education for over 40 years).
· The Educational Social Service Excellence Award, Taiwan's highest award ever bestowed on foreign educators
· The Wings of Service Award in Entrepreneurial Leadership, Pepperdine University in Malibu, California
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe in ONE God – comprised of the Father, the Son, Jesus (who is the Word become flesh) and the Holy Spirit—who is the Creator of all things (I John 5:7).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, was buried, was resurrected, ascended into heaven, and is now enthroned on high and is true God and true man (Matthew 1:20-21, John 3:16, Acts 4:10, 1 Timothy 3:16, Hebrews 10:12).
- We believe the Bible in its entirety to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible rule of faith and conduct (2 Timothy 3:16).
- We believe in the personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, by “the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit” (Ephesians 3:17, John 3:1-5, Titus 3:5).
- We believe in sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit, and we believe in personal holiness shown by purity of heart and life (Hebrews 12:14).
- We believe in the moral parameters outlined in God's Word, that a marriage is between one man and one woman, and that any sexual activity outside of this divinely ordained institution is sin, something intolerable and unacceptable to a true believer (Genesis 2:24, Galatians 5:19, Ephesians 5:3, 1 Timothy 3:2, 12).
- We believe in divine healing, through faith in the Name of Jesus Christ, and that healing is included in the Redemption (James 5:15, 1 Peter 2:24).
- We believe in the initial salvation experience of being “born again” (John. 3:3-6), in water baptism, as a symbol of a believer's dedication to Christ (Matthew. 28:19, Ac. 2:38), in the Baptism in the Holy Spirit as distinct from the New Birth (Acts 19:1-7), in the gifts of the Spirit (Acts 2:4, 1 Corinthians 12:7-11), and the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). We believe that all of these are available to believers today.
- We believe in the Christian’s hope: the soon coming, personal, bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ (John 6:39, Acts 1:11, Revelation 22:20). At His coming (which will happen on “the last day” of this age, at the “last trump”), the dead “in Christ” will rise first, then the living believers will be “caught up to meet the Lord in the air” as we receive our glorified bodies (Jn. 6:39-40, 1 Corinthians 15:52). God's people will then usher the King of kings victoriously into this world. He will reign from Jerusalem, and we will reign with Him over a restored paradise world (1 Corinthians 15:51-52, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, Revelation 20:1-6).
Visit our Global Champions website for more information on our highly succesful program that teaches millions of young people life skills.